Are you in school? Do you want money for school? Apply for the Art McDonald Educational Scholarship today!
The Art McDonald Education Scholarship was established to honor Mr. McDonald’s value of education in healthcare services. Over the years, recipients of the scholarship include numerous paramedics, EMTs and EMS leadership. Are you next on the list?
Four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to exceptional team members currently enrolled in a program and working toward their degree, certification or licensure in hopes of moving forward in the healthcare industry. The scholarship is open only to team members at ProTransport-1, PRN Ambulance, Century Ambulance Service, ATS Medical Services and Priority One.
Awards are based on excellent academics, outstanding character, commitment to a profession in the healthcare industry and superb job performance. Participating team members will be evaluated on their ability to effectively communicate what sets them apart from other applicants, determination to succeed, future goals and plans to achieve them. Eligible applicants must be employees in good standing that have completed 1,040 working hours for one of the previously mentioned brands.
Required to submit
- A written or video essay (no longer than two pages or two minutes, respectively) describing how you meet (and possibly exceed!) the above criteria
- Two letters of reference (must be from a professor or a healthcare provider, and at least one must be from outside the company)
- Submissions must include applicant’s full name, employee number, email address, home station and contact phone number
- All required information must be sent in one package to the Marketing Communications Department at 566 Portal Street, Cotati, CA 94931 (those within the PT-1 footprint can leave it at their station for the PT-1 courier; check with your manager). You can also email your submission to email@example.com, but all in one email. Written files must be PDF’d and video files can be sent by DVD, flash drive or a YouTube/Vimeo link.
- Feel free to submit any other supportive material pertinent to your application
- Spelling, syntax, style and grammar will all be weighed
- Creativity is key!
- Failure to follow instructions will result in your application being disallowed
All applications and supportive materials must be received, in one package or email, no later than Wednesday, Sept. 21. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.